We have written lot of posts about torticollis (tight neck) and plagiocephaly (flat head syndrome) over the years. I thought it might be helpful to put them all in one place and categorized for your convenience. This way we can also add to this post as updates and new ideas come out!
What is Torticollis and Plagiocephaly
- Torticollis – What is it?
- 5 Signs of Torticollis
- Ways to Prevent Torticollis
- Torticollis – Can I Wait and See?
- Positional Preferences and Movement Asymmetries
- Why are Babies Getting Flat Heads
What is The Impact
- Muscles – Stretching to New Lengths
- I will be working on another post to go in this section!
- Tips for Stretching Torticollis
- Using a Therapy Ball for Torticollis
- Ideas for Torticollis
- 7 Ways to Carry or Hold Your Baby
- Informational Handouts
- Should I be Concerned – Gross Motor Edition (up to 15 months)
- Torticollis and Asymmetries (YouTube Playlist)
Related Posts/Tummy Time
- Avoiding the Container Shuffle
- 10 Tips to Help with Tummy Time
- 5 Ways to Make Tummy Time Successful
- Tummy Time – It’s a Ball
- Strategies For Tummy Time
- Tummy Time – What’s the Big Deal?
- Tummy Time – The Cornerstone of Movement
- Reflux and Tummy Time