Keeping a strong core is important no matter what your age! Here are some various exercises you can do with just some furniture sliders!
Check out this video for a few examples of some of the exercises below:
Feet on Slider- one foot on each slider
- Hamstring sliders: Bridge position. Alternate bending and straightening legs without letting your bottom touch the ground. Can you do 20 in a row?
- Mountain climber sliders: Push up position. Alternate bringing knees towards chest. How many can you do in 30 seconds?
- Plank straddles: Push up or plank position. Open and close your legs together.
Feet on Slider- both feet on one slider
- Plank walks: Push up or plank position. Walk on your hands forward. How far can you go? You can also walk on your hands with your feet leading. Just be sure you watch where you’re going!
- Slider tuck ins: Push up position. Slide feet in towards hands bending your legs. If this is easy try the pike ups.
- Slider pike ups: Push up position. Slide feet in towards hands keeping your legs straight. Extra credit if you slide your feet in line with your hands.
- Inch worms: A different twist on the slider pike ups. Start standing on the slider and walk your hands forward into a pushup position. Slide your feet in to meet your hands and repeat. You can also lead with your feet first and go backwards.
Hands on Slider
- Slider pushups: Push up position with one hand on a slider. As you bend your arms slide the slider out and then back in when you straighten your arms. Switch sides and try it with the other arm.
- Slide outs on knees: Kneeling with both hands on a slider. Slowly slide out as far as you can without touching your stomach. How long can you hold it?
- Plank walks forwards: Push up position with both hands on one slider. Use your feet to take small steps as you push the slider forwards. Be sure not to let the slider go past your shoulders.
Sit on Slider
- Scooting: Sit on a slider and scoot forwards or backwards. This would be fun to incorporate in a relay race!
Oh man, who else has sore abs from these?