Starfish Therapies is a company that strives to make a difference in the lives of the children and families we work with. To build our team we love to work with therapists new to the pediatrics field or new to being a physical therapist. We work as a team to reach this vision through our core values of: Passion for Kids, Lifelong Learning, Respect, Communication and Teamwork, and Dedication to Excellence. We create an environment that fosters career growth while maintaining individual and group accountability.
As a physical Therapist, you play an integral role in our mission of Making A Difference. In this position you are responsible for providing physical therapy services to children in the school, clinic, and home settings, so travel is a requirement. Services are provided under the early intervention, education, and medical models providing therapists with the unique opportunity of being able to gain experience in and truly understand the differences and the interplay between these models of care.
Where we stand out as a company is our collaboration and our mentoring. We offer extensive mentoring to support you in your development as a therapist, all why enhancing the experience of the family. We work as a team and the kids and families we work with thrive as a result. We love having new graduates, therapists transitioning into pediatrics, and experienced therapists who love to collaborate
Services are provided under the early intervention, education, and medical models providing therapists with the unique opportunity of being able to gain experience in and truly understand the differences and the interplay between these models of care. Responsibilities of this position include but are not limited to:
- Complete a comprehensive evaluation under all models of care
- Collaborate with the team to provide the best available plan of care
- Complete detailed, accurate, and timely documentation of evaluations, re-evaluations, and daily treatment
- Provide ongoing therapy services under all models of care
- Maintain productivity and documentation standards for your job description
- Participate in health promotion events
- Assist with program development
- Participate in continuing education relevant to this patient population
- Participate fieldwork education, when eligible
- Master’s degree (at a minimum) from an accredited college or university required.
- Valid California licensure or eligible for California licensure
- Member of APTA
- CPR Certified
- TB Test
- Ability and desire to work as part of inter-disciplinary clinic
- Proactive and willing to jump in where needed to support company growth
- Strong in verbal and written skills, as well as ability to communicate with a varied audience
- Willingness to be flexible and be available for patient scheduling based on demand
- Ability to use computers
- Entry level applicants welcome, also looking for experienced clinicians looking for leadership opportunities within the Physical Therapy department