Making a Difference!
We are a company that strives to make a difference in the lives of the children and families we work with. We work as a team to reach this vision through our core values of: Passion for Kids, Lifelong Learning, Respect, Solution Oriented,
Collaborative Learning and Communication, and Stellar Performance in Day to Day Tasks. We create an environment that fosters career growth while maintaining individual and group accountability.
This is a full-time, benefited position.
Starfish Therapies is looking for a talented individual to join our administrative team as an office coordinator. The right candidate for the job is able to enhance patient experience through customer service, support the effective operation of the clinic and the acquisition and retention of patients.
- Able to communicate clearly and with sensitivity
- Able to use empathic listening and de-escalation techniques
- Able to demonstrate proficiency with computer and EMR software
- Able to demonstrate attention to detail and organizational skills
- Able to follow policies and guidelines as defined by management
- Customer Focus
- Time management/multitasking
- Team Player
- Self Awareness
- Assertiveness / Persuasion
- Analysis/Problem Solving
Your job is to enhance the patient experience through great customer service, empathy, and to support the effective operation of the clinic.
A successful candidate will:
- Answer phone calls and emails, schedule patients when necessary, track referrals, maintain waitlist, and return voicemail and email inquiries in a timely manner
- Collect payments from patients and insurance companies, log payments, and prepare checks for deposit
- Collect needed information and accurately enter patient data in EMR system prior to the start of the evaluation
- Effectively, efficiently, and proactively communicate with patients, supervisors, and coworkers
- Maintain the cleanliness and appearance of workspace and office
- Ensure all funding is in place prior to a patient starting, regardless of the funding source
- Manage records and correspondence for the practice
- Maintain/schedule laundry services
- Manage list of clinic supplies needed
- Other duties as directed by the clinic supervisor and assistance for therapists as needed
- Participate in weekly employee development meetings, mentor meetings and monthly staff meetings
- College degree preferred