Woohoo, it’s almost time for the fireworks to go off! Time for some Independence Day fun!
- Firework jumps: jump as high as you can with your arms and legs spread out like a firework exploding in the air!
- Sparkler squats: squat down, then quickly stand up while lifting up your arms to imitate a sparkler going off!
- Picking apples: how about picking some pretend apples for the apple pie? Go on tip toes to reach the apples high in the tree!
- Parade: decorate your bikes, wagons, scooters or whatever else you can find and have your own parade!
- Star power: cut out some star shaped pieces of paper and write down some gross motor activities on them (ex. jump 5 times, run, plank for 15 seconds, 10 squats, etc.). Then have your child pick out some stars from a hat so you can decorate an American flag with stars!
- Statue of Liberty: Do a tree pose (standing on one foot) and raise one hand up over head. Make sure you do both legs! See how long you can hold the pose for.
There’s an endless list of things you can do for July 4th with your family, so why not get some of that energy out! Let’s turn on those grills and water sprinklers and have some fun!
And check out our 4th of July Party! It’s an interactive motor activity!