It sure is starting to get hot lately…what a better time to go to the beach than now? Not only will the cooler coastal air feel nice, but there’s also so many fun beach activities that help with strengthening and gross motor development for your kiddo! Here are some examples of things you can do:
- Build a sandcastle: digging through sand and carrying those buckets of sand isn’t easy! Really get those arms and core muscles moving by having your child fill up the buckets and carry them around!
- Sand angels: have them lay down in the sand and wave their hands and legs up and down!
- Crab walk: this is already a tough activity on land, but can they walk like a crab over the sand like real crabs do?
- Racing: draw a start and finish line, and off to the races we go! Running in sand sure is tough!
- Bury someone: have someone lay down on the sand and have your kiddo cover their entire body (or just their legs) with sand!
- Water play: scoop and dump with cups, stomp, jump, splash, blow bubbles and more!
What else can you think of?
And if you don’t have a beach but want to pretend and have fun, check out our video: Kids in Action: A Day at the Beach!