How do you refill your cup? We know the answer isn’t the same for each of us but hopefully these ideas will spark something even if it’s just a reminder to take time for you! We can’t continue to be our best selves as caregivers unless we are caring for our selves as well!
- Many studios are providing free online yoga classes, the perfect reason to take some time to relax your mind and rejuvenate your body. Check and see if any are doing special Mother’s or Father’s Day (or any special holiday) classes.
- YouTube also has so many free classes. One of my favorites is Yoga with Adriene
- Nature Walk
- There’s something about being outdoors that’s not only calming but energizing at the same time. Why not take today as an opportunity to try out a new path or trail you’ve had your eye on?
- We like to practice using our 5 senses as well. Ask yourself as you walk what are 5 things you see, 4 things you hear, 3 things you smell, 2 things you feel, and 1 thing you taste?
- At Home Spa
- Whether it be with a face mask, bubble bath, or aromatherapy put on some spa music and enjoy a little peace
- Don’t forget the spa water! Adding some lemon, cucumber, or mint to your water is a great way to fancy it up – spa style!
- Day to day parent life is no joke – and while your children may not always express their gratitude it’s definitely there.
- Take some time on this day to recognize yourself and give yourself the grace and gratitude you deserve!
- Often even just intentionally thinking of the things in your life (big and small) that you are grateful for can help create a needed reset.
- Treat Yourself
- Make a day all about you! Allow yourself that special dessert or snack without guilt. Or order in or have someone clean the house or mow the yard. What is the thing that would feel like such a treat?
- Just Relax
- Sometimes doing nothing is the best gift we can give ourselves. Put aside the schedule and live this day in the moment. It’s often a joke that no matter how tired we are we don’t go right to bed and that’s because it’s a time of day that there are less demands on us. Make some demand free time for yourself
- Read that book or watch that show you have been putting off. Make it just for fun!
What are some of your favorite ways to refill your cup?