Looking for new ways to encourage getting outdoors and getting active? Entice your little ones on a nature walk by making it more than a walk. Here is a suggestion of an interactive game you can play which will get kids outside, encourage active observation, AND work in some yoga. It’s a mix of I Spy and Charades – Act it Out! Get out in the community and everyone can take turns “spying” something and then acting it out for others to guess. Try some of these yoga poses of things you might spy while outdoors! Can you invent some of your own?
- Mountain Pose – Stand with feet together and straight back and be as still and strong as a mountain. If they’re not guessing it try “Extended Mountain Pose” where you also lift arms overhead to a point like a mountain peak!
- Tree Pose – Stand with hands overhead like the peak of a tree and place one foot on the side of your other leg. Balance like a proud, tall tree!
- Airplane/Bird – Standing, lean your chest forward and arms out to the side like airplane or bird wings. Extend one leg behind you like a tail.
- Butterfly Pose – Sitting, place the bottoms of your feet together and rest your hands over your feet. Your knees should be out to the side like butterfly wings. Flap, flap your wings to help your friends/family guess what you are!
- Flower Pose – Sitting down with your legs folded in front of you like in butterfly pose, instead of flapping your wings, thread your arms under your lower legs and lift up balancing on your bottom!
- Frog Pose – Squat down low with your hands between your feet. Can you jump and ribbit like a frog?
Looking for more fun Yoga Ideas? Check out our Alphabet Yoga Cards or our Yoga Games!
Also check out our Kids In Action Series on YouTube for some fun active ideas for your Kids!