We love yoga! We talked a little about some of the ways we do yoga with our kids in this post. Warning – it may look different than any yoga practice you’ve done!
In addition the benefits for the mind, we love the way yoga impacts the body. We utilize it to help kids work on:
- range of motion
- body awareness
- coordination and motor planning
- muscular endurance
Recently we incorporated a new yoga game – Bingo Yoga! Read along to find out how you can do this at home.
- Bingo board (can be hand drawn)
- Choosing system – can be yoga dice, yoga spinner, yoga cards, pieces of paper in a bucket
- Markers, chips, dabbers (anything to mark off the bingo board)
Set-up and gameplay:
- Have your bingo board ready and chips or markers ready to go
- Have a child select the yoga pose by rolling the dice, spinning the spinner, pulling a card, etc
- Everyone performs the pose (the child who picked the pose gets to mark it off on their board)
- You can pick the goal for completion – 5 in a row, the whole board covered, 4 corners, etc
Here is an example of a Bingo board we made:
Have fun and we’d love to hear your ideas for fun ways to do yoga!