I am a big proponent of educating people on movement and development. I especially try to educate parents and other health professionals because I think, and the literature shows, that the earlier kids and parents get support for delays, the sooner they make progress. One of the greatest resources out there that I have located is Pathways.org. They offer handouts for development as well as videos. Below is a direct copy of an email they sent out talking about their resources. I wanted to take an opportunity to pass this information along so that more people are educated.
Pathways.org videos bring to life subtle differences lost in pictures or words
Pathways.org offers 23 FREE educational videos on our website and YouTube:
· Topics include motor, sensory, and communication development
· Comparisons of typical and atypical infant development
· Videos of children’s progress in therapy sessions
· FREE downloadable handouts for videos
· Help identify an early motor, communication, or sensory delay
· Help ensure infants/children receive timely, adequate, and appropriate intervention
Pathways.org Medical Round Table is comprised of leading physicians, clinicians, nurse practitioners,
and lay advisors. These members oversee all Pathways.org projects.
Pathways.org recently presented to:
· 37 pediatric and family medicine, physician assistant, and pediatric nursing residency programs
· More than 1000 health professionals viewed Pathways.org films and received handouts
· As a result of presentation:
o 92% of all participants will now refer children earlier for a screening
o 99% would recommend Pathways.org presentation to their colleague
Since 1985, Pathways.org has believed in the right of all children and their parents to the leading knowledge available to maximize all children’s potential.